So you’re thinking of creating a newsletter for your business.
Where do you start? You know you have an amazing product or service that serves your customer base, but how do you create a newsletter that will educate and inform your market while at the same time promote your offerings?
There are several purposes of a business newsletter:
- Serves as a branding tool for your company
- Acts as an industry resource for your customers
- Educates and informs on company happenings
- Helps build a relationship with your customers
Newsletters (whether you decide to create a email template or a hard-copy newsletter that can be printed) are one of the most affordable and cost-effective ways to market to your customers. When first developing content for your business newsletter, the first thing you want to establish is the overall personality and tone. How do you want to come across to your customers and prospects? Friendly and engaging, or more serious and corporate? It’s important to identify how you want your company or brand to come across when developing newsletter content, since your newsletter will ultimately end up as a regular ambassador of your company.
After you’ve identified the personality and tone of your newsletter, determine what you want to talk about. Ready to get started? Here are 10 content ideas for a great business newsletter:
- If you have a company blog, promote the articles in the newsletter
- Feature an employee in a short biography or go behind the scenes at your company
- Discuss an industry topic that your customers will find interesting and relevant
- Highlight a customer testimonial or company case study where a problem or challenge was solved
- Feature an FAQs section that answers commonly asked questions by customers
- Post a video that features your company, whether it’s a short introduction or a explainer video on a product or service line
- Highlight exclusive offers at your company with a coupon or special promotion
- Write a short tip sheet offering advice related and relevant to your industry
- Create a photo spread of your happy customers using your product or service
- Highlight portfolio examples of your work (if applicable)
Many of these ideas not only help promote your business, but will also help drive traffic to your website, ultimately helping boost your site’s SEO, and important place in the eyes of your customer as a place to do business!
Learn more about EDK’s newsletter writing and design service today.